Monday, January 1, 2007

The Riffle Shingle


Just a quick thank you note here to Maria (once again) for the ever-so-cool xmas gift she gave me a few years back. I still get compliments from people when they visit the studio. Everybody likes my 'business shingle'. At least, that's what I think these planks of wood are called. Shingles. It's like the shingle that would swing in the breeze outside the front door of ABC TV's Marcus Welby. On the Universal backlot in Hollywood. His character lived in a quiet residential area (in the house owned a few years earlier by June & Ward Cleaver) and while he wasn't a REAL doctor, he marcus welby.

A town like Mayberry would have plenty of them on Main Street; or in Popeye's home port of Seahaven. They're hung out to advertise the quaint one-of-a-kind services provided within. Of course, if it's a ghost town or a TV show like the Twilight Zone, these things would always have one bracket missing and be almost ready to fall off.

Not so with this one. Nice job Maria. T'was a perfect gift considering my rather bizarre and uncommon interests. I'm a hard person to shop for at the best of times and I appreciate the investigatin' she did to get it just right.

Mind ya, it doesn't help the music being recorded in there to sound any better. But that's probably our fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed,

Happy New Year and thanks for the Christmas card! The usual perfunctory remarks that I come to expect from you at this holiday season. Thanks for the comments about the Riffle sign--I can tell you really do like that gift I gave you! Wow, your own blog! You're becoming pretty high tech here. Looks very snazzy--I like a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...