Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Movie Making Mania


The transferring of my stone age super 8mm film reels into the modern and convenient disc format of the digital age continues on a semi-regular pace around here. As mentioned earlier on these blog pages, I have estimated that the entire process will take me at least 20 years to complete, such was the insane depth of my movie making mania back in the mid 70s.

These 2 'screen captures' (above and again below) from the movie: "Non Cents" starring Doug S. and Sandy L. ©1977, will serve to demonstrate the obvious visual difference between doing the transfer job on the cheap at home - versus allowing the professionals to do all the heavy lifting at a reasonable fee. I don't think there's any question about it. I'll save my projector bulb the fuss & bother and take my precious old movies to the pros. Not only is each frame cleaner, brighter and sharper, but thanks to a wider projector gate and less cropping, we're also seeing 10% more of the actual image now.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...