Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Slightly Different Order

There is no theme for today's video. Unlike the last post ("Sports I Tell You") which highlighted the sports angle of being a Block Blazer, there is no explanation for this collection. Being the first day of June might be enough for this blog video to be uploaded into existence. While it covers the same ground that the other videos did, everything is now presented in a slightly different order. And why is it I keep finding all these 'out-takes' from the 'Farm News' movie I shot with Dan. Was it originally going to be a weekly series?

After compiling all these films into little blog-worthy features for the past 4 months, I've come to the daunting realization that in the near future, I must sit down and re-edit everything all over again; arranging them into a more organized presentation for a multiple DVD archive project. It's fine to throw out these 90-second slices of a bygone era every few days for the world to see, but for my own personal library, I'll need a more full length production. A dedicated series of discs with less random subject matter.

For example, one DVD could be used exclusively for all 'Farmer Dan' nonsense - the full feature film in its 'released to the public' condition; plus the bonus throwaway farm footage I keep rediscovering. Another disc could be used only to hold 'Big Al' footage. (That could then be stored separately from the rest of the collection.) I think it's clear that there is no other option before me than to quit my day job and begin the in-depth restoration work immediately.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...