Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lazy Days Tossed Away

We're all over the board again with this one but I don't think there's a need to explain any of it. Yes, Don is playing frisbee with Hanklin's hat for some reason and yes, Wanda is having one of her full mental shutdowns in front of my house again. It's all clearly captured on film and available for multiple viewings below.

As for Wanda; Jack had to leave his Saturday afternoon 'All Star Wrestling' program (on CHEK TV Victoria) and walk halfway down the block to rescue his first of two wives. Rather than offer assistance, I hit the dirt and filmed her 'episode' from the safety of a neighbors front lawn across the street. (Until this viewing, I'd never noticed my mom observing the situation from our porch.)

Yes, some of this material might seem recycled, and once again there's precious little of Evert or Alan on screen, but the Hawaii bits are certainly new. Well, 1977 new. And it's always a treat to see 'Surrey Doug' take a long walk off a short pier.

Hawaii might be a yearly destination for my sister these days, but back in '77 this trip was the first ever for both of us and remains as my ONLY visit to the islands as of this date. (I'll head back when I'm retired.)

I can recall the scenes of big Rob and I sitting out on the Gun Lake pier (also on offer here) as if they were shot last summer or the year before, but the film canister has the date of August 1978 scribbled on top of it. If you think for a minute that I'm gonna believe more than 30 years have gone by since we tossed away that lazy day, well you're just plum crazy mister, or p'rit near.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...