Thursday, October 16, 2008

Anvil Island Getaway

Eventually, the postings here at 'No Relevant Point' will make a slight detour from the vast storage lockers of super 8 film reels (that we've grown accustomed to) and into the vast storage lockers of video tape cartridges instead. That minor change may happen suddenly and without warning but will not by any means indicate an end to our regular meal of super 8 film from the 1970s.

Actually, today is the day we debut that change in formats with one of the very first 'outings' that I managed to capture using my then-new (1982) Olympus portable VHS camera/recorder.

It was old school pal Bill that offered an invitation for me and my girlfriend Sandy to join him on a weekend vacation to Anvil Island; which is a tiny mountain/island playground situated in the middle of Howe Sound within easy eyesight of the sea to sky highway. It was a nice break from city life, but without these few scenes of activity here to convince me otherwise, I would have sworn by memory that it rained heavily the entire weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who gave Billy an Elco ball cap?

Plus, I didn't know bricks could be so fascinating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...