Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reverse Scenario

Very much related to our last posting on this bloggerama stage (same cast; same camera) is this reverse scenario of the British Invasion of 1979 that we present here. Four years had passed since that romp thru the streets of Vancouver and now it was my turn to visit good buddy Jon down on HIS farm in the wilderness of southwest England.

Bodmin, Cornwall was the spot he'd chosen to endure the yearly struggle of existence, and by gum, I was keen to see for myself the peaceful green pastures and quiet small town setting that he'd been claiming it was.

There had been a small but not insignificant change in Jon's circumstances since those freewheeling days of his Canadian visit. My girlfriend Sandy and I were pleased to be introduced to an enchanting new member of the family; a cute toddler wot they'd named for identification purposes: Rebecca Louise. Both my camera and I insisted on capturing her at every opportunity; such were her elegant charms. In fact, I had to edit out many more scenes of her than I've included in order to keep this flick under 10 minutes. In any event, it all happened with gusto and glamour twenty five years ago in the far away youthful spring of 1983.



Trivia/coincidence note: Ain't it funny? On the very same day that I am saluting this tattered and yellowed page from my personal history book, Mr. Bartholomew Woods is over there on his own little blog saluting the same thing... HIS first visit to England! Which took place two years prior to mine. Both our visits included a stop inside the same two level home in Cornwall seen on my video - and in the photographs that accompany his story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor blimey and eck! Some of this footage, I've not seen before! Can it really be that I am now the (proud) father of two daughters aged 27 and 23? Where did the past twenty five years go? (Rhetorical!) How long is it going to be before you venture this way again, Mr F ?

Anonymous said...

I never knew their daughter was named after a Fish & Chips Shoppe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...