Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Selective Videotographer

Boring video now. Boring yes, but it will act as an understatement for the previous claims I've been making. About how my collection of videos/movies/photos is so massive and so improperly organized that in order to pump them all out to the waiting throng of admirers and fellow bloggers, we must be prepared to sit thru the dull productions, just as often as we sit thru the lesser dull.

And this will be a dull one, make no mistake about it. The only excuse I have for the boring footage that follows is that the time period being captured was shortly after I'd purchased the first of my video cameras; thereby making everything in front of me an artistic visual opportunity that needed to be captured. Yes, this included people painting doors or mowing lawns.

Even today, I still enjoy the sense of knowing that whatever I may be shooting on any given day will soon become a golden, frozen moment in time; to be studied and discussed at length in the future. Because, as we all know, (repeat after me)... "what was once THE NOW will soon be THE VERY LONG AGO". And so it is with this lame production below. It's just that I probably should have been a little more selective during the 'very long ago' part for the moments worthy of looking back on in the 'now' part. Perhaps I could have left the recording equipment at home on this particular day without regretting it too much in the years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to share my favourite scene from "PAINT"

"Oh. Bill's getting undressed!"
"Good Lord."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...