Saturday, December 6, 2008

Postal Rock Opera Type Thingy

Here's another 'used' video that I fished out of the Youtube lake recently where it had been floating undiscovered for the past year. The closets of my account on that file-sharing website continue to be slowly emptied out as it seems most of my energy for uploading old, stale images of the 70s is now being funneled into this more private arena called No Relevant Point.

I had composed the sluggish tune that plays along in the background of this flick for what I envisioned as part of a long 'postal rock opera type thingy' back in the mid 90s. Songs about getting thru another day on the job with vocal help from Steve and Harry. Stranger still, when I completed the the full album and got a short mention about it (with photo) in the company news magazine, I ended up receiving requests from across Canada for CD copies of this homemade postal 'J.C. Superstar'. We had gone national. That bizarre development still creeps me out a little even today, a full decade later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...